If you have a property to sell or let in Hertford, Bengeo or the surrounding area, you’ve come to the right place! Hertford’s top estate agent for customer satisfaction.
You would expect us to say we’re great at what we do, employ the most professional, dedicated staff and have unrivalled knowledge of the local property market. But don’t just take our word for it, see what our customers have to say. They have consistently rated us 4.9 out of five (we’re working on that last one-tenth of a point) in more than 400+ independently verified reviews. In fact, we have ten times as many positive reviews as our nearest competitor.
When your home sale or let deserves the 5 Star treatment.
- Selling Your Home
We never forget that, for most people, buying or selling a home is one of the biggest financial transactions they will ever undertake and that’s what drives our award-winning service.
Whatever you may be selling; a town centre apartment, family home or large country estate, any and every property and seller will benefit from a 5 Star, High quality home selling service and that’s why you can trust Shepherds’ property professionals with your most valuable asset.
We sell homes faster than most, with 80% selling within 14 days and also in 2015 our average selling price was 103% of the asking price.
- Getting The Pricing Right
The first step in selling your home is determining how much it’s likely to be worth by carrying out a valuation (also known as a ‘market appraisal’). Getting the price right is critical: too high and it will not attract interest, too low and you undervalue it, possibly throwing money away.
Arriving at an accurate selling price for your home involves a combination of experience, evidence of comparative sales and a thorough understanding of the current local housing market.
- High Quality Promotion - The Shepherds Way
Choosing Shepherds to sell your home means you benefit from a tailor-made marketing campaign that incorporates an effective mix of high quality online and traditional promotional methods applied from busy high street premises Open 7 days a week:
- Eye-catching sales particulars featuring professional quality photography and informative, factual descriptions to avoid wasting your time with unsuitable viewings. These are always presented for your approval before ‘going live’ and incorporate optional “vendor’s comments” giving you the opportunity to share aspects of living in your home you particularly enjoy. Our attention to detail is such that we will refine and update them – even replacing photos taken in poor weather as conditions improve! We can also organise an EPC (Energy performance Certificate) if your property requires it.
- Targeted mailings to our extensive database of prospective buyers. This is typically carried out swiftly and efficiently by email but we are careful to also post hardcopy details of relevant properties to registered buyers without an email address.
- Online promotion on the leading property portals Rightmove and OnTheMarket.com
- 2D and 3D floor plans to give potential purchasers an understanding of the property layout, indicate whether there is scope for alterations or extensions.
- The stunning Matterport 3D Virtual Tours literally add another and breath-taking dimension to the promotion of homes listed with Shepherds. Let us demonstrate this latest innovation in the UK property market.
- Aerial photography (taken by drones) if appropriate to show your property in its surrounding area.
- For Sale board (at your discretion). In the event a similar property in the same area is being promoted through another agent this can alert interested parties that your property is on the market nearby.
- The best of local Newspaper adverts. Although less important today due to the information available 24/7 on the internet, local papers still represent another avenue through which to find that all-important purchaser and Shepherds continues to showcase selected properties in their striking adverts within the best of the property pages.
- Viewing Arrangements
Viewings are based on your particular needs and circumstances and we are flexible in our approach.
There is no definitive answer as to whether potential purchasers are best accompanied by the seller, agent or both parties and we agree a policy at the time of instruction.
A member of the Shepherds team always conducts viewings of vacant homes to check the property and ensure it is left secure. We follow up all viewings to establish the thoughts and comments of every prospective purchaser and relay feedback to you promptly. When we identify a consistent theme we will advise how best to act on it.
- The Use of Open Days
Well managed Open Days have successfully been applied by Shepherds since the early 1990’s, and we have found this option to be an increasingly appropriate, efficient and convenient method of accommodating the initial flush of interest when a property is new to market. They allow a thorough exploration of the market to establish the very best sale which may be achieved.
Shepherds have become the local experts in operating well run, successful Open Days, achieving sometimes spectacular results by introducing multiple interested parties and bids.
We will advise you as to the suitability of this method for your sale in our initial discussions.
- Negotiating on Your Behalf
We remember who’s paying our commission when it comes to negotiating and will thoroughly assess the credibility of all prospective purchasers – exploring their ability to raise finance and whether they are part of a chain, for example – so that if you are comparing more than one offer you can make an informed decision which buyer to choose.
- Taking You Smoothly from Under Offer to Your Moving Day
We know that finding a suitable buyer for your home is only half the story.
Uniquely among local agencies, Shepherds employs a dedicated, office-based sales progressor, Gareth Jones, MNAEA whose job is purely to ensure your sale progresses smoothly and efficiently to exchange of contracts and on to completion. This benefits everyone involved:
- Gives you a single point of contact and responsibility during what can be the most stressful element of the moving process – from ‘Sold subject to contract’ onwards.
- Frees those involved in sales to focus on selling.
- Results in fewer sales falling through, faster transaction times and happier clients.
Look out for particular mention of Gareth in our many reviews and remember – most agents don’t have “a Gareth”! From search or sale through to signing…we’re there for you!
- Fees, and Online Agencies
Our fees are always competitive but we recognise it is easy to be tempted by what appears to be a bargain, but more often than not in life it’s true to say that you get what you pay for:
The most important element in any business is the ability to recruit and retain enough high quality people to consistently supply clients with excellent service standards, and this is often where corners are inevitably cut to lower costs.
Different agency set-ups could mean the risk of your home sale falling foul of any of the following; inexperience, a lack of important local knowledge, insufficient staff numbers, an indifference to the service provided through a lack of direct local accountability.
Or you could involve an agent whose 5 Star reviews are the standard by which we judge ourselves!
- Our Reviews are Your Peace of Mind
Independently verified by Helphound Business – our reviews represent a credible, unbiased recommendation of all aspects of our home selling service with 98% giving a 5 Star rating in over 400+ unfiltered reviews.
Robin Bruce, CEO of Helphound Business writes…
“Shepherds have been clients of ours for over three years now, and it is clear to us that David, Gareth and their team make an unrivalled effort to understand their clients’ needs and circumstances and then to apply their considerable skill and experience to obtain the very best possible outcome for them.
How do we know this? Because at HelpHound we see every one of their reviews before we publish them on their website.”
With best wishes,
If Trip Advisor rated estate agents, we’d undoubtedly top their recommended list for Hertford!
- Probate Valuations
Accurate valuation advice provided by a professional with a minimum of 20 years of local home selling experience at a time to suit you.
Our advice will be qualified and confirmed in writing that same day.
Should the property need to come to market then you have the peace of mind that by choosing Shepherds to represent the sale you will be involving Hertford’s longest established and most positively reviewed estate agency with a tried and trusted local reputation for professionalism and obtaining excellent results.
- Developments, Land or Renovation Projects
Shepherds have the necessary experience to advise on new developments, land and properties requiring renovation – all of which are in strong demand within Hertford & the surrounding area.
- Maximising Your Rental Yield
As a landlord, it is not enough simply to achieve the best possible rent for your property. You also want to ensure the keys to your precious asset are in the hands of a responsible tenant.
Equally important, you need to avoid costly vacant periods (‘voids’) between tenancies.
That’s why you need a lettings agent you can depend on and you will find there is no one better than Shepherds who have been successfully letting clients’ local properties since 1992.
A fully-fledged member of the ARLA and NAEA governing bodies, our hardworking lettings team of Steve Whyman, MNAEA and Jennifer Sanderson enjoy a well-deserved reputation for professionalism and integrity. Specialising in Hertford and the surrounding villages, we have extensive knowledge of the local property rental market and offer a high standard of both furnished and unfurnished accommodation on behalf of our clients.
The Shepherds team provides a comprehensive property management service, from finding a tenant – warranty referencing, preparation of tenancy documents, check-in, collection of rent and inspections – through to eventual check out. This is a service that many of our landlord clients have relied on for more than two decades!